Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Heading for Minnesota

This is a seagull eye view of harbor in Grand Marais, Minnesota. It is my home town where I lived from 2 years old until about 1976. I get back and spend some time every summer. My folks live here during the summer and I also have a brother and sister (and families) that still live here. It is a beautiful town located in northeastern Minnesota on Lake Superior.


This is a view of the marina and the North House Folk School where I teach carving classes.


Grand Marais is recognized as one of the great "artist towns" in the USA. It has an active Art Colony, the folk school and many art galleries. Several professional artists make Grand Marais their home.

This is a view of GM during the winter (maybe October) and it is the reason that I moved to Arkansas about 21 years ago.

No comments: